Friday, February 15, 2013

The beginning, and in a way, a continuation

6 years ago, I posted a question on Askville, hoping to find information on ankle fusion. My question was "Has anyone ever had an Ankle Fusion/Ankle Fusion surgery?". I wanted personal information about ankle fusion, about what to expect, about the frustrations and experiences of people who had also been through this serious and somewhat scary procedure. It was hard to find personal stories about ankle fusion, even on our vast www, and I was recovering from surgery myself. I wanted to know about recovery, success stories, pain, mobility, shoes, etc. So I posted on Askville. Responses trickled in at first, only a handful per year. But over time, as more and more people discovered my question, the responses became more frequent. Finally, after 5 years, Askville shut the forum down. At the time it was closed, I was getting up to 2 responses per week. People like me, looking for advice, looking for information, or who just wanted to share their story. I decided to create this blog as a place for you to find info and advice, where you can tell about what you've been through. I'm not a doctor, and I have no medical training. But I can tell you what happened to me, how I cope with less mobility, my current abilities, and I can give you a way to talk about your experience as well. Send me your stories, I'll post what you'd like on the blog. Have a question you think I can answer? I'll try! Together, we'll find better living after accidents, birth defects, & arthritis.

No comments:

Post a Comment